De-installing old Ring Version logs out from Jami/Updating from Ring to Jami does not remove Ring installation
After de-installing the old Ring installation, Jami does not log me in in my account anymore and I cannot figure out how to log in, as the only options are to register or use a second device with a PIN.
- Start Ring, update via update dialog and then install the new version (now called Jami).
- Start Ring again after installation.
- Ring does not auto log in into account anymore.
- Close Ring, start Jami.
- Jami auto log ins into the old account, everything looks fine.
- Now two programs are installed, Ring and Jami.
- De-install Ring as it appears to be obsolete, checking the checkbox for uninstalling all.
- Start Jami.
- Jami apparently lost the account and does not auto log in anymore.
Is there a way to recover the account? Registering a new one rightfully tells me, that my public username is already taken. If account recovery is not possible, can the username at least be reclaimed again?