[UI] Currently Used Icons
The currently used UI icons and their state is quite unintuitive.
If I suggest Jami to friends, I have a hard time explaining the UI and what the used icons mean or even in which current state they represent.
It goes as far as the microphone icon is highlighted when the microphone is OFF. That would be ok, if the icon is e.g. colored red or clearly crosses the microphone with a red cross.
- How do I share my Desktop? Where is the Desktop Share button?
- Is my Microphone ON or OFF?
- How can I share my desktop without starting a Video Call?
- How do I know an incoming Call will start my webcam?
- How can I force/switch incoming video Calls into Voice Chat only?
- What is the meaning of the first and last icon?
- Is my microphone ON or OFF?
Please, use colors like red/green not just black/white icons, especially if icons like the first and last one almost look very similar (same shape) and you almost never know if they show a state or are just function buttons and their ON/OFF state looks almost the same.
I had more strange situations. I will add them later if they come to my mind.
Please make the icons and their state clear. Enabling icons which actually show the current state is OFF is counterintuitive.