Image-Transfer-Train can Stop after First Successful Image
- Ring version: 2019-08-24-01
- Device model: Samsung Tablet S2
- Android version: 8.1 / LineageOS 15.1-20190228
- Jami-Version from F-droid
Contact with Jami on IOS (presumably 2.14).
- Can you reproduce the bug: yes (seen three times so far)
- Bring both parties on-line. Check connectivity with text messages.
- Send three images from Android to IOS. Wait for transmission end of previous image before sending the next.
- Actual result: First image is sent successfully. Second and all consecutive image transmissions fail with error message "partner unreachable". Text messages can be sent, though.
- Expected result: All sent images are transmitted successfully -
- no matter how many images are sent.
- even if sent while previous image transmissions are still under way.
It seems that the problem is on the sender's side (Android client): When the problem is evident (no more images can be sent) it is sufficient to restart the Android device (while leaving the IOS device alone) in order to re-enable image transfer. For one additional image, that is.
Don't know if this is related but in that situation IOS client cannot send images to Android client at all while Android can send to IOS in one-image-per-startup mode. As described above texting is OK during that episode.