UI fluidity is coupled with the load of the daemon
Describe your environment
Please specify the following:
- OS: Guix System
- Jami version: jami-qt 20210326.1.cfba013
- What build you are using: as packaged in Guix
Steps to reproduce
Note: Better the scenario is, better we will be able to reproduce and debug.
- Can you reproduce the bug: at will
- Disable video acceleration to ensure high load in the daemon.
- Join a video conference (rendezvous point)
- Actual result: The UI elements are very slow to refresh. Having the overlay display, for example to make the mute button appear, may take several seconds. Opening the chat view may show a blank square for a long time before its content appear.
- Expected result: The UI should remain fluid, running asynchronously from the daemon, like the GNOME client, which doesn't suffer from this problem.